Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Hot and ready

I asked the hubby what he thought of our dinner, and he said "It's a six dollar pizza. How can you go wrong?"

Chef is all about pizza. Thick crust, thin crust, frozen, fresh, the more meat the better. He and I could eat pizza every day without complaint. But different occasions call for different types of 'za.
For example, the pizza here is completely different food than the pizza here. Sometimes you feel like a burger, sometimes you feel like a steak.

Pizza seemed like a respectable choice for dinner. I was working late, and I could pick it up on the way home. So I went all out and spent ten bucks for the Hot 'n Ready Meal Deal at Little Caesar's. We got Crazy Bread (of which I had none), sauce for the bread, a two liter of Pepsi, and a pepperoni pizza.

I not-so-secretly love Little Caesar's. I feel a little trashy eating it because it's ridiculously cheap and not so good for you. But hey, we're not pretentious people. And besides, it tastes good. There is a proper cheese to topping ratio. The pepperoni is thin and crispy, as it should be. Add a little Spice Pack (ask for it if it's not sitting out to grab), maybe a little parmesan and you've got a delicacy. And it's hot. And READY. When I'm ready to eat. And honestly, this is the biggest appeal of Little Caesar's.

We thoroughly enjoyed our meal. We're pleasantly stuffed, awaiting Lost, and I have two pieces of pizza left for lunch tomorrow.

Life is good!

2 comments:

  1. I miss Smashing Tomato :-( Hubby won't eat Little Caesar's so I haven't had them since I was a kid.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am not a big fan of Smashing Tomato. I do feel we need to try it again as it has been over a year since we tried them and our pizza was all soggy from too much grease.

    ReplyDelete